Seeking financial advice can be a great way to make the most of what you have today and prepare for tomorrow.
An adviser will work to first understand your individual circumstances and goals, before crafting a way forward. They can provide a clearer picture of your current financial position and help create strategies to achieve your financial goals.
Anytime is a good time to start thinking about and planning for your future. People often seek financial advice in preparation for, or in response to, certain life stages and events such as:
- Getting married
- Purchasing your first property – or your next
- Starting or growing your family
- Starting a business
- Career change or change in income
Some of the common ways financial advice can assist you include:
- Debt and cash flow management
- Wealth creation and protection
- Investment strategies
- Retirement and estate planning
To get the most out of meeting with an adviser, it is best to go in prepared, knowing:
- What you own: property, car, savings, super, investments, and the insurances you have in place
- Your debts and obligations: what you owe on your mortgage, credit cards, personal loans, car leases, student loans and any other debts
- Your income and living expenses
- Your financial goals and what you would like to achieve
For more information on financial advice and the alternatives, visit ASIC’s MoneySmart website.
If you decide to seek financial advice or speak to an adviser, you can contact G&C Mutual Bank's financial advice partner ClearView directly, or we can set up an introductory meeting.